Discussion

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bangkok's Trip Day 1 - 11 May 2014

After so long, I've decided to start blogging again.

Went to Bangkok with Ahtan from 11 May to 14 May 2014, that was like about a week plus ago. We met up at our neighbourhood on midnight 4am and cabbed down to Changi Airport Terminal 1. We checked in around 5:15am in the morning and took sky train to terminal 2 for breakfast - Tea time actually. I drank 2 cups of warm tea because I didn't sleep and I was so freaking tired.

Anyway, we were a little late, but lucky enough to reach the boarding gate on time in a way, other than the processing system was wasting our time, but we entered the plane early. I really miss taking the plane, the last time I took a plane was November 2013, when I flew to Medan, Indonesia. The flight was about 2 and a half hour though, but it was pretty fun having the girl sitting beside you sleeping together with you (of course separate seats, reader(s)). Hahaha.

Upon reaching Suvarnabhumi Airport at Bangkok, we went through the customs and jumped the queue because we were from ASEAN country. We headed down to basement 1 and bought tickets to go city area in Bangkok using their Airport Rail Link. We took the train from Airport to Phaya Thai station, which cost us 45 baht per person, about SGD$1.50 to SGD$1.80, then took BTS transfer to Siam station which cost us another 22 baht per person, about SGD$0.60 to SGD$0.80? I would say that the train's ticket price over there is consider expensive or similar to Singapore. Oh well, at least not as packed as compared to Singapore. They have a little people on the train, other than during peak hour of course.

The moment we reached Siam station, we exited and headed to Siam Paragon. I would say it is a very huge and nice shopping mall. They have Krispy Kreme and many other interesting shops like Kinokuniya, Lamboghini Car shop, BMW, Rolls Royce, Maserati shops, Cineplex Paragon, Imax Cinema, Japanese foodstreets at basement and many many more!! I love this shopping mall, and we bought a few doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, I would say they were fantastic and so much cheaper compared to Singapore, maybe a dollar off!

Next, we headed to Siam Centre and walked around, linking us to Siam Discovery Centre. Again, I was doing some window shopping, trying to find my Nike shoe, but sadly, Bangkok is not selling that colour for the design I wanted, which was pretty upsetting. Oh well, what to do? As the time reaching 2pm, we walked from Siam Discovery Centre to Centre World Plaza, the shopping mall which is pretty near to my hotel. We walked around the mall for awhile before checking in to the hotel at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, just right beside Platinum Fashion Mall!!

The staff at this hotel were very nice to us. They greeted everybody, gave us free drinks, and guided us to the hotel lobby and stuff. The interesting thing about this hotel is that when you enter the lobby from ground floor, you gotta take a lift to go up to level 6, that is why the reception or lobby really is, a place where you check in! Then you gotta take another lift from another side to go up to other level(your hotel rooms) hahaha, though it was pretty troublesome, I find it special and safer in a way. Anyway, our hotel room was at the 11th floor, and the room was freaking cozy and nice. Photos will be uploaded to my facebook account, do view from there if you are a friend of mine on facebook!

So we took an hour nap and then headed out to Platinum Fashion Mall. Shopped some stuff like buying a handbag for my beloved mum since it was a mother day and I couldn't spend the time with her, just the same as Ahtan. Then she also bought some stuff for her family or relatives too. Tried their McDonald though, I would say the McSpicy over there wasn't that nice compared to Singapore.. Anyway, after all the shopping, we headed back to hotel and put our stuff before going out again. Went to Big C mall to buy our shampoo and snacks for supper because we gonna catch a movie on the bed, so romantic isn't it? Hahaha. Then I decided to try the street food somewhere nearby our hotel. Ahtan doesn't eat a lot, so I gotta finish everything mostly by myself. The vegetables were salty, the meat was a little spicy and the sticky rice wasn't that nice though.. And the worst, I ordered a beer bottle that consist of 640ml. Gosh, spicy, bitter and salty, I would say I was surprised when I manage to finish almost everything and still perfectly fine despite street food. I didn't had any runs though.

After the second dinner, we headed back to hotel to take a shower and watched ATM Error on the bed together before falling asleep. So, it was my first time kissing her forehead before we headed to sleep. This ends the first day of our trip. Okay, I will be posting the second day in Bangkok in the next post, stay tune!

No comments: